This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. You accept this policy when you sign up to be a participant in the on-line auction taking place on July 16, 2011. We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it.
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the United States, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable United States federal and State of Georgia regulations. To the extent Georgia law conflicts with you state law, Georgia law shall control. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by contacting us directly.
To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying. Your contact information, date of sign-up, and payments are provided to the seller who you transact with through this auction. We may also provide the seller, as well as the closing attorney, with your confirmed credit card billing address to help complete your transaction with the seller. Neither the seller nor the closing attorney is allowed to use this information to market their services to you unless you have agreed to it. If an attempt to pay your seller fails, or is later invalidated, we may also provide your seller with details of the unsuccessful payment. To facilitate dispute resolutions, we may provide a buyer with the seller’s address as well.
We work with third parties, including closing attorneys, to enable them to facilitate the closing. Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid through use of your credit card in this auction, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a credit card rules, subpoena or other legal process.
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of the J. Durham & Associates, Inc. corporate family to provide joint content, products and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure;
- we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
J. Durham & Associates, Inc. will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us by writing to us at J. Durham & Associates, Inc., 1216 Dawson Road, Albany, Georgia 31707 or calling us at (229) 436-2273.